There are literally thousands of diseases, conditions, and illnesses a person can experience and just as many tools to diagnose and treat them all. However, some of the conditions require practically the same procedure to diagnose and/or treat. Some of the most common medical procedures that are performed today are listed below. You might find that you will need one of these procedures sooner than later, if you’ve not already used one!
Most common medical procedures performed today include:
· Ultrasounds are usually performed during pregnancy but there are a multitude of other medical conditions that an ultrasound used for. More than 1.2 million ultrasounds are performed in the US each year.
· C-Sections are also fairly common in 2018 and more than 1 million of these procedures help bring bundles of joy into the world.
· The physical exam is the most common medical procedure done today. Every year, more than 64 million exams are performed, though the numbers should be much higher.
· More than 62 million CT Scans are performed every year. There is little wonder since this scan detects cancers and many other illnesses.
· There are 1.6 million circumcisions performed in the U.S. every year. Many of these are performed on newborn babies, but not always.
· More than 200,000 people have liposuction every year. This is the most common fat removal technique available today.
When you call the Tampa health center, you might have one of the procedures above performed. Rest assured only medical experts are handling your health needs and will ensure that it is done the right way and provides the best results at the end of the day. If this list doesn’t include the procedure that you need, don’t worry. You’re always taken care of when medical experts are on the job.